Sunday, January 1, 2017

Welcome to 2017

I think.

It's been a bumpy ride getting here. Last year was not a great year, writing-wise, for me. I found myself starting and stopping projects and I really worried I've lost my writing mojo. It's a crippling fear that only intensifies when your normal inspiration exercises don't seem to work. You spend a lot of time questioning if you ever wrote anything decent at all or if everyone who read your work was just being kind for all those years. 

But writing wasn't the only thing to fall by the wayside. Normally, I read anywhere between 80-100 books a year. In 2016, I read ten. 

Nor did I blog nearly as often as I should have. My social media presence was sporadic, at best. 

I'd love to say I did something amazing with all that lost time, but...no. I frittered it away on self-doubt and self-pity.

Now, if you read this blog on a regular basis, you know I don't make resolutions. I do, however, make plans and set goals. So, this year, I want to write more, publish more, read more, blog more, and regain that spark of me. 

Who's with me? Come on. Let's do this. 

Find me on Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/Gina-Ardito/e/B001JSBY16
Post a Comment