Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

It's Valentine's Day! Get Your Romance On!

Does it surprise you to know I'm a hopeless romantic? And today is the perfect day for me to share some of my favorite romantic lines from literature. These are the bits of perfection that make me sigh just thinking about them. 

Stuck for something romantic to write in your love's Valentine's Day card? Take some help from the pros. (Just be sure to credit them!)


1. "You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." - Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

2. "I do love nothing in the world so well as you. Is not that strange?" - William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing

3. "Soul meets soul on lovers' lips." - Percy Bysse Shelley, Prometheus Unbound

4. "At his lips' touch, she blossomed for him like a flower, and the incarnation was complete." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

5. "It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight." - Vladamir Nabakov, Lolita

6. "I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly and then all at once." - John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

7. "Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches." - William Goldman, The Princess Bride

8. "Love of man for woman, love of woman for man. That's the nature, the meaning, the best of life itself." - Zane Grey, Riders of the Purple Sage

9. "I don't want sunbursts and marble halls. I just want you." - Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of the Island

10. "I see you everywhere, in the stars, in the river. To me, you're everything that exists, the reality of everything." - Virginia Woolf, Night and Day

And because I do happen to write romance, I thought I'd share a few of my own.

1. "With all my heart, for all our lifetimes, I forgive him!" - Eternally Yours

2. "I can’t fight the unknown. And Vivi, here’s the thing: you’re worth fighting for. So get ready. No matter what you meant by sending this to me, I’ll be coming for you." - Duping Cupid

3. "Love was a risk, a dare, a challenge that had to be overcome. Because, in the end, love was the greatest gift one person could offer another. It wasn’t to be taken lightly or abused. Love was meant to be cherished." - Charming for Mother's Day

4. “Put up with you? No, sweetheart. I told you. I intend to worship you. To discover your dreams one by one and spend my life making them come true.”- Nobody's Darling

5. "Any woman who claims to love me had better be ready to announce it in the Sunday New York Times. She should know how I feel about her without needing reassurance. She’ll want the world to know we’re together because that’s exactly what she’ll get from me." - Duet in September

Now, go forth and woo the one you love!

Find me on Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/Gina-Ardito/e/B001JSBY16
Post a Comment