Sunday, November 30, 2014

What Did I Just Watch?

When I saw the trailer for this movie months ago, I thought, This could be fun. Who knows more about the angst of being a writer than a writer? 
I finally watched this movie and I have to say this was one of the most joyless, soul-sucking two hours of my life.

Sure, writers are insecure. Yes, we want to be loved--or at least, we want our work to be loved. Yes, there's a bit of envy involved when someone we know hits it big and we wonder, "Why not me?"

But this movie had such unlikable characters and a host of inaccuracies regarding publishing. Rather than identify with anyone, I found myself saying, "Oh, come on. That's ridiculous." about a thousand times. 

Did you see it? What'd you think?

Me...I'm diving into my DVD collection for movies about neurotic writers I love: Joan Wilder in "Romancing the Stone" and Melvin Udall in "As Good As it Gets."

For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina's Articles For Writers page:
Need editing services for your manuscript? Gina is proud to announce the launch of Excellence in Editing: