Pages

Friday, November 14, 2014

Truly Inspiring Quotes

In my office at Le Day Job, we have those corporate inspirational posters hanging on the walls with some pithy saying beneath a photo of a sunset in the mountains or trapeze artists in flight, or a drop of dew falling off a leaf. I get the idea, but good golly, these things suck the inspiration right outta you.

Now, I do love famous quotes because they often jumpstart my creativity when I'm blocked or provide insight that comes in handy for characterization, or just force me to get out of bed some mornings.

If you want to be inspired, no matter what the reason, try these instead:

1. "Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud." - Maya Angelou
2. "I dwell in possibility." Emily Dickinson
3. "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
4. "Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness." - Allen Ginsburg
5. "If you ask me what I came into this life to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud." - Emile Zola

Better...yes?

For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina's Articles For Writers page: http://www.ginaardito.com/ArticlesforWriters.html
Need editing services for your manuscript? Gina is proud to announce the launch of Excellence in Editing: http://excellenceediting.com/
Post a Comment