Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Songs I'm Writing To

Okay, so I was *supposed* to take off until the New Year after making my deadline for my Harlequin book. I promised. But I always say I'm a crack-addict writer. I need my regular fix. So I plunged back into my Afterlife Series. Book III, WAITING IN THE WINGS, is the next book due to be released (in early 2015). So I'm playing with it now. I'm writing a few scenes, changing a few characters, and creating a stronger story line. With that in mind, I've already begun putting together a soundtrack. 

Because this book is an emotional rollercoaster, the music is pretty diverse. I've got one character who died in the seventies, one who died in the nineties, and characters still alive on Earth in contemporary time. Here are some of the songs I'm currently listening to while I write (links to YouTube for anyone interested) for flavor and inspiration.

 1. You Ruin Me (The Veronicas)
 2. Clear Blue Sky (Skylar Grey)
 3. Baby Mine (Bette Midler)
 4. Happy Together (The Turtles)
 5. Fortunate Son (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
 6. Reach for the Sky (Secondhand Serenade)
 7. Just One Day (Better Than Ezra)
 8. Peace (OAR)
 9. Cigarette Daydreams (Cage the Elephant)
10. Wonderland (Angie Aparo)
11. All The Days (Haerts)
12. Crashing Down (Mat Kearney)
13. Bitter (Nine Days)
14. Take Me to Church (Hozier)
15. I Wanna Get Better (Bleachers)
16. Build Me Up, Buttercup (The Foundations)
17. After the Gold Rush (Prelude)
18. Everlasting Arms (Vampire Weekend)
19. Into the Silence (Robbie Williams)
20. Someday, We'll Be Together (The Supremes)

That's the list so far. And I'm only a hundred pages into the manuscript so it's definitely gonna grow. Weird assortment, huh? Maybe. But it definitely fits the characters and their story arcs.

If you're a writer, do you create a soundtrack? Do you write to music? Or do you need silence to do your best work?

For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina's Articles For Writers page: http://www.ginaardito.com/ArticlesforWriters.html
Need editing services for your manuscript? Gina is proud to announce the launch of Excellence in Editing: http://excellenceediting.com/
Post a Comment