Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Dear Christmas, Please Move Back to December



So now, stores are opening as early as 6 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day for Christmas shoppers. (I'm pointing at you, KMart!) What the ever-loving ****?

Seriously? Have we become such a consumer-centric society that we can't take one lousy day off from shopping? It was bad enough when Christmas decorations started appearing in the stores before Thanksgiving. Now, they show up before Halloween!

When I was a kid, I always used to wish I was older.

"I can't wait til I'm thirteen..."
"I can't wait til I'm sixteen..."
"I can't wait til I'm eighteen..."
"I can't wait til I'm twenty-one..."

My mother would always reply, "Stop. You're wishing your life away. Slow down and enjoy every moment."

Wise words. So, Christmas, take my mom's advice. Slow down. Let us enjoy all our moments. We promise...we'll make room for you, too.


For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina's Articles For Writers page: http://www.ginaardito.com/ArticlesforWriters.html
Need editing services for your manuscript? Gina is proud to announce the launch of Excellence in Editing: http://excellenceediting.com/
Post a Comment