Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Things That Make Me Go "Hmmm..." (the Writing Edition)

Completing my series, here are ten questions that run through my mind while I'm writing:

1. Why does that brilliant idea from last night not transfer so well into my story now? 

2. Was I drunk when I wrote this drivel?

3. What inspired me to write such amazing stuff?

4. Is it any wonder all the "great" writers drank or did drugs? 

5. If I quit this insanity tomorrow, how soon would I miss it? (The answer is, "within seconds.")

6. Have I used this name for a character before? It sounds familiar...

7. Should I keep this chapter? Or does it suck the way I think it does?

8. Who told my characters they could do that?

9. How the he** have I strayed so far from where I thought this was headed?
10. What happens next?

For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina's Articles For Writers page: http://www.ginaardito.com/ArticlesforWriters.html
Need editing services for your manuscript? Gina is proud to announce the launch of Excellence in Editing: http://excellenceediting.com/

0 comments: