Thursday, July 24, 2014

Report from National--Day 2

Last night's Literacy Signing raised more than fifty-three thousand dollars! Congrats and much thanks to the authors, the volunteers, and the readers who helped us contribute to the various charities involved with teaching everyone to read.

Today, I thought I'd share some of the snippets of conversation, I've overheard so far. As I've done with this feature in the past, some of these I know the circumstances involved; others, I don't.

1. "What exactly are bad socks?" 
2. (In the hallway, early this morning), "Security. Could you let me in, please?"
3. (said to me in the elevator) "You're the body language girl. Please say you're doing that workshop here! It's one of my favorites." (Sadly, no, I'm not. RWA passed.)
4. "'Scuze me while I whip this out."
5. "She's got wine, chocolate, and dirty books. How much is the devil paying her?"

For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina's Articles For Writers page:
Need editing services for your manuscript? Gina is proud to announce the launch of Excellence in Editing: