1. My legs hurt. Too many hours of high heels with little to no letup have left me with cramps in my shins. Nowhere else, just my shins.
2. I have conference fog. I put my dress on inside-out today and didn't have a roommate to point that out to me.
3. My muse has ADD. We were steaming along fine on the current WIP before our time in Atlanta. Now, a few conversations with editors and author friends and...ooh! Shiny thing! My muse suddenly wants to switch projects.
4. My internal clock is amok. And I didn't even change time zones! For me, especially this year, the RWA Conference meant a chance to slow down from my normal hectic pace. Now I'm struggling to catch up on all my to-dos while racing the clock. And there's no one saving my seat at the bar! I mean, how am I expected to go back to routine?
5. I am staff-less. What happened to those sweet young men willing to drive me and my friends wherever we wish to go at a moment's notice? Who will tell me where I should have lunch? Why hasn't Joe, the adorable bartender, brought me another Oceanic cocktail yet?
Reality sucks. But I'll suffer through a full year of torture for next year's stint in San Antonio.