Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Opinions I Got Right When I Was Six

Remember being six years old? First grade? Loose teeth? Mom still picking out your clothes? I began to wax nostalgic for my six year old self and what I thought I knew back then. Compared to several decades later, I wonder what values and opinions I've still kept.

These are things I distinctly recall saying that I can honestly confirm I got right:

1. Any bad day gets better with ice cream.
2. Nothing is as exciting and fulfilling as reading a very good book.
3. When I grow up, I want to be a writer.
4. Bugs Bunny is a genius.
5. Naps rock!
6. Sharing with others makes me feel good.
7. Only a boy who can make me laugh will win my heart.
8. No one cares if the part in my hair is crooked.
9. I will never, never, never want that godawful family photo that hangs in my parents' living room.
10. Clowns are creepy.

How wise were you when you were six?

For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina's Articles For Writers page:
Need editing services for your manuscript? Gina is proud to announce the launch of Excellence in Editing: