Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ta-Da! New Cover Reveal! (With a Teaser)

Chasing Adonis is now available on other platforms besides Amazon, so to celebrate, my Greek mythology romance has a new cover. 




Isn't it pretty? I want to thank Self-Pub Book Covers for all their talented artists and sales reps who have been so good to me. If you're an author looking for a cover, take a look at what they have to offer. They're a great group of people to work with.

Need a teaser to entice you to buy and read the book? Okay. How 'bout this?


“Let’s get a few things straight, Shane.” Unfolding her legs, she climbed off his lap and stood over him, hands resting on her hips. Despite the blond hair cascading down her flesh, naked, her breasts heaving, she more closely resembled the warrior princess than Rapunzel. “In the first place, you didn’t take advantage of me. If anything, I took advantage of you.”

“How do you figure that?”

She sighed and sat on the edge of the coffee table. “For the last three days—no, correction—for the last two years, I’ve lived like a Ping-Pong ball. Ever since that bastard killed Terry, some invisible paddles have been bouncing me around wherever they please. Even after Cherry was put away, I still found myself looking over my shoulder, waiting for something to happen. I always knew he’d find a way to reach me again. Now, with you tonight, I gained back something I’ve missed for so long…”

“An orgasm?”

“No, you fool,” she said with a light laugh. “Control. I gained back control of my life. Even if it was for just a little while. From the moment I sat down out here beside you, I made the decisions. I decided to make love with you. I kissed you first.”

“No, you didn’t. I kissed you.”

She shook her head. “If it soothes your masculine pride to think so, fine. But I let you kiss me. And everything else that just happened between us—from the minute I pressed my thigh against you to this minute right here and right now—happened because I allowed it. I wanted to make love with you. I allowed it. And…I…don’t…regret…it.”

“Well, I do. I’m sworn to protect you. The last thing either of us needs right now is the distraction of a love affair.”

“Who said this was a love affair? We’re two people who reached out to one another in a moment of need.”

He shook his head. “This can’t happen again, Adara.”

“Why? Are you afraid I’ll fall in love with you or something?” His solemn expression confirmed that was exactly what he feared, and she leaned back on her hands, laughing. “Don’t sweat it, Shane. I promise not to fall in love with you, okay? I’ll never fall in love with any man.”

“Oh? How can you be so sure? I mean, it’s not like you’re a devout lesbian.” Blazing eyes ran up and down her nude figure, making her blush with memories of the last half-hour’s activities. “At least I don’t think so anyway.”

If he meant to get a rise out of her with that crack, he was in for a rude awakening. She giggled instead and reached for her T-shirt where it lay amid a puddle of clothing on the floor. Best to put up some shields before revealing anything more. “I’m as hetero as you are. I just don’t ever intend to fall in love, that’s all.” She tossed him his pants and briefs. “Here. Put these on before your mama comes out and sees what we’ve been up to.”

His face blanched as white as an almond, and he quickly slid into his underwear. “And you think you can control it? Falling in love, I mean?”

Wriggling into her shorts, she exhaled a puff of air to blow a stray wisp of hair out of her face. “I saw what it did to my mother when my father deserted us. I know what it did to me. I won’t let myself fall for that ‘happily ever after’ crap. No matter what men may say between the sheets, I’ve learned they don’t stick around when times get tough.”


Chasing Adonis is now available at Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo for $3.49. I hope you'll pick up a copy and let me know if you enjoyed it!

For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina's Articles For Writers page: http://www.ginaardito.com/ArticlesforWriters.html
Need editing services for your manuscript? Gina is proud to announce the launch of Excellence in Editing: http://excellenceinediting.blogspot.com/

0 comments: