Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

The Next Big Thing: Reunion in October

I've been invited to participate in a blog game called The Next Big Thing by Jill Hughey. The idea is to answer a few questions about my work in progress. In this case, I'll be discussing Book II of my Calendar Girls series, Reunion in October. Let's hit it!

What is your working title of your book?
Reunion in October

Where did the idea come from for the book?
This is the second book in my series, so the main characters were already established in Book I: Duet in September.

What genre does your book fall under?
Lighthearted contemporary romance.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Hmm...I have two heroes and two heroines in this story. So for Francesca, I'd choose Salma Hayek. For Emily, Cobie Smulders (from How I Met Your Mother).
For Josh, I'd go with Ben Barnes and Roy is all Ben Affleck. (Two Bens! How'd I do that?)

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Two women at crossroads in their lives must decide which path will lead to their Happily Ever Afters.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I haven't decided yet, but I've been enjoying the freedom of self publishing so I'm leaning heavily in that direction.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I'm still writing it, though I hope to have it complete within the next few weeks. For me, there really is no first draft. There's just the draft and the final.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I'd compare this series to something by Barbara Freethy or Jill Shalvis.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?
The characters had small roles in Book I and their backstories intrigued me enough to decide I had to tell their journeys to love.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Like in most of my stories, these are characters you'll love to spend time with in a town you'll want to visit over and over again. I hope you'll come by and discover Snug Harbor and all its wonderful inhabitants!



For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina's Articles For Writers page: http://www.ginaardito.com/ArticlesforWriters.html
Need editing services for your manuscript? Gina is proud to announce the launch of Excellence in Editing page: http://excellenceinediting.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment