Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Miss Me?

It's been almost a month since I've posted here. And what a month it's been!
I had set a self-imposed deadline for my latest WIP, Reunion in October (Book II of The Calendar Girls series), of the week before Thanksgiving. After such a hectic year, I wanted to take the holidays off from writing, guilt-free, to spend some quality family bonding time. I was right on target too. Until...

...Sandy blew into my life.

By now, unless you live under a rock, you've seen and heard about the devastation, the aftermath, the people still suffering. My family and I were lucky. We were without power, heat, and hot water for nearly two weeks, but aside from a few hundred dollars' worth of food and some inconveniences, we're all okay. My thoughts remain with those less fortunate who lost so much more. For me, Hurricane Sandy was not a pity party. It was a time to rejoice that we remained whole, an outcome many others did not achieve.

Today, I've just returned from a trip to Maine where I presented my body language workshop to the Maine RWA over the weekend. Now, I'll get to buckle down and do some writing. Will I finish before Thanksgiving? Probably not. But I'm going to come as close to the end as possible so I can still achieve my more important goal of quality family bonding time. Because if it's one thing Hurricane Sandy taught me, it's this: Cling to those whom you love, for all in life is temporary.


For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina's Articles For Writers page: http://www.ginaardito.com/ArticlesforWriters.html

Need editing services for your manuscript? Gina is proud to announce the launch of Excellence in Editing page: http://excellenceinediting.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment