Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mid-Week Rude Awakening: The Fine Line Between Promotion and Pestilence

Let's face it: all authors need to find unique ways to promote their work. At the same time, we don't want to become so much of a nuisance to our friends that we annoy them. Take this guy who actually shot himself in a bid for promotion for his book. Read the story here.

I've reached a similar stage with an author acquaintance. Oh, not where I'm ready to shoot anyone, but it's a case (albeit on a much more innocent scale) of an author gone overboard. Every day, I receive advertisements from several groups that I belong to, all for the same author's works--three or four per day, every day.

Guess what? I will not be buying any of her books. Know why? Because there's a limit to how many times I want to see anyone's hype, and she surpassed it.

If you're thinking I might be talking about you, you might want to take a serious look at how much promo you're churning out.



For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina's Articles For Writers page: http://www.ginaardito.com/ArticlesforWriters.html
Post a Comment