Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thoughts on a Wedding

Last night, I attended a wedding where I had no familial involvement. I wasn't a friend of the bride or groom: the groom actually works for my husband. As a student of body language and a writer by nature, this "third wall" gave me an opportunity to study the characters without allowing emotion to cloud my judgment. I'm happy to report that romance is alive and well (and apparently spending time in NJ right now)! How do I know?

For starters, when I spoke to the groom, he confided how wowed he was when the church doors opened and he spotted his bride. His face took on a glow, love shimmered in his eyes, and he told me, "She's the best thing that ever happened to me."

The bride's father toasted the couple with confirmation that they had found in each other the perfect partner, support system, and potential parent for their children. The best man (the groom's younger brother) assured the bride that her groom would take care of her and love her the way said groom had always loved and taken care of him. The maid of honor (the bride's sister) found a way to work in a toast from the bride's favorite television show and insisted that in the groom, she'd found the brother she'd never had and always wanted.

But the love in the air didn't just settle on the wedding's stars. Guests, too, showed how a wedding brings out the happiest in all of us. Couples obviously married for decades still smiled into each other's eyes as they danced. Soon-to-be parents sighed and reflected upon their wedding and the someday they'd be hosting a wedding for their as-yet-unborn child. Soon-to-be marrieds drank in each moment with excitement for their own special day.

Weddings are not all about the bride and groom, not about the gowns, not about the food or the band. Weddings are about love: no matter where it comes from, how long it's been around, and where in the journey a family stops to rejoice.



For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina's Articles For Writers page: http://www.ginaardito.com/ArticlesforWriters.html

1 comments: