I'm currently in NJ at the Put Your Heart in A Book Conference, hosted by the New Jersey Romance Writers (NJRWA) where I've just finished my workshop, Hips Don't Lie: Body Language Between the Sexes. But I'm not the only draw at this event. Here are five workshops I'm looking forward to attending over the next two days.
1. Book in a Week: April Kihlstrom will share ways to make writing easier and more fun and GET THE BOOK DONE.
2. Going Deep: How to use POV, Voice and Show vs. Tell to make your writing more powerful and emotionally rich with Toni Andrews.
3. Love, Monsters & Mythology: Stephanie Dray will give a brief but fun overview of ancient monsters and what they represent to deepen the message of your romance novel.
4. Write the Right Book and the Emotion Will Follow: If you're not writing what best brings out the emotion in you as the author, Stephanie Taylor thinks you might want to switch up your genre.
5. No One Cares You Had a Muffin: Hope Tarr offers ten tips for using social networking sites to build author brand and create buzz for your books.
It might be too late to join me in Iselin this year, but next year, you might want to plan on being here. The NJRWA knows how to throw a conference!
For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina's Articles For Writers page: http://www.ginaardito.com/ArticlesforWriters.html