Tuesday, September 13, 2011

25 Years (And They Said It Wouldn't Last...)!

The hubster and I are married 25 years today. Originally, I thought of showcasing our wedding song as Music to Write By, but honestly? He and I are not the same couple who chose "Suddenly" by Billy Ocean because we danced to it on the beach on our first date. Too many songs have come and gone over the years for me to choose just one to represent all that we've seen, done, experienced, or survived.

What hasn't changed is that he's always been my best friend, the one person who can make me the angriest, hurt me the most, and then turn around and make me laugh the hardest or feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. We've faced our share of challenges, had some great fights (like the time he claims I "tried to run him over" with the car...I say he should've removed his arm from the passenger window when I put the car in reverse), and fantasized once or twice about throwing in the towel. But we never did. Know why?

Well, I can't speak for him but I honestly can't picture my life without him in it. In any given day he gives me a thousand reasons to smile, to feel secure, to feel LOVED. Whether he's complaining about my lack of sufficient chin, flirting with me in the kitchen, or driving me crazy because he can't find his car keys and is about to miss his train, he's still mine. And I'm his.

Isn't that what romance is all about?

For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina's Articles For Writers page: