Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Five: Five Television Shows I Never Miss

Sure, I'm a writer. But that doesn't mean I don't have a few guilty pleasures on the "boob tube." In fact, there are several I'll DVR if I know I won't be home to watch or might fall asleep before they're over. Here are a few of those television shows I'm addicted to. P.S.: I've listed these by the night they air, not by personal preference ('cuz that's my obsessive way)

1. Dexter. Love the books, love the series. I own all the previous seasons on DVD and pull them out to re-watch when I'm in a morose or dark place. And I'm stoked for the new season.
2. Rizzoli and Isles. Again, love the books, love the series. I appreciate the differences between the original Gerritsen dynamics and still find myself smiling along with Jane and Maura, as if I'm in on the friendship.
3. Top Chef Just Desserts. Yay! It's back! I love all the Top Chef incarnations and the sweet treats are sooooo amazing. A guilty pleasure with no calories.
4. Project Runway. I admit, I refused to watch the finale last season because I believed Michael Costello got rooked and hearing who won only left a sour taste in my mouth, but I'm back (if warily) for this season. I like the 90 minute length but it does interfere with Show #5, requiring a DVR moment weekly.
5. Wilfred. Have you seen it yet? OMG, it's funny, it's irreverent, it's brutally honest and one of the most original ideas I've seen in ages. The whole family quotes our favorite lines, week after week. If you haven't jumped on the Wilfred bandwagon, catch up! (Warning: it's an in-your-face show and definitely not for those who don't like sexual innuendo and bold sexual situations!)

There ya go. A peek into my twisted viewing mind. What shows do you never miss?

For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina's Articles For Writers page: http://www.ginaardito.com/ArticlesforWriters.html
Post a Comment