Whether they're old wives tales or just tips from well-meaning friends, we've all heard about stuff we should or shouldn't do. Here are five of those so-called rules that science has disproven:
1. Don't swim for at least 30 minutes after eating or you'll get a cramp.
2. If you go outside without a jacket, you'll catch cold.
3. Cats smother newborn babies because they're attracted to the smell of milk.
4. Sitting too close to the television will affect your eyesight.
5. Gum takes seven years to digest if you swallow it.
All wrong! Go forth and break the rules, kids! It's okay.
For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina's Articles For Writers page: http://www.ginaardito.com/ArticlesforWriters.html