Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Vacation: All I Ever Wanted...

My heartfelt apologies for getting that inane song stuck in your head now.

You know how people say they need a vacation after their vacation? That's where I am right now. After the crazy, hectic, wonderful week that was RWA National, I'm now down in Myrtle Beach, SC with the fam for our annual summer getaway. I've posted some photos of my place in the sun, my temporary writing office, and the views on my Facebook page. Find them here.

Yesterday, we spent the day in Charleston, one of my favorite cities of all time. We did the tourist thangs: Boone Hall Plantation, the Battery, and of course, a haunted walking tour. One of the highlights, however, was dinner at Hyman's Seafood for some of the best fish we've ever tasted. I have a weakness for hush puppies, since my very first trip to Charleston thirty-plus years ago. And Hyman's were perfection, crisp on the outside, sweet and tender on the inside. The crabcake hubby got with his meal had a remoulade that I could never hope to duplicate. Lining the walls around us were hundreds of photos and autographed plates from famous people who'd dined there in the past: Mel Gibson, Angus Young of AC/DC, Cyndi Lauper, Timothy Dalton, Sir Anthony Hopkins, the list goes on and on. I kept teasing that one day, *I'd* have a plate there. But I want to wait 'til people don't look at it and say, "Gina Ardito? Who's that?" Which means, of course, I've got to sell more books first. Which means, less time on vacation and more time writing.

*Sigh.* It's a vicious cycle.

More tomorrow--if the fam lets me near the laptop enough to post, I might even add some more photos!


0 comments: