Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Birthday Booty

Still catching up on all the news that's fit to print in my world. So...
Last Friday was my birthday. As my son so eloquently puts it, "It's the eighteenth anniversary of my 30th birthday." That boy's got a future in fiction or politics. Not sure which.

The day was quiet. The night before we'd traveled to our local Six Flags, didn't return home until 2 in the morning, and I had to be up by 6:30 am for Le Day Job. Needless to say, I was pretty wiped by the time my birthday evening rolled around. I requested a pizza for my fabulous birthday dinner. (A trend. Both my kids requested Albert's Pizza--the family favorite--for their birthdays as well this year.)

And then...it was present time. My girl surprised me with all my favorite summer vanilla scents from Bath & Body Works in a very pretty gift bag. Dh came through with the requested present: a Nook. And the boy provided the leather jacket for said Nook.

Now, I gotta tell you. I'm in *love* with my Nook. I can carry copies of my own books, hundreds of books to be read, and listen to music with it. My Nook fits in my purse, and gives me access to millions of books at the touch of a button. It also has 3G, wi-fi, and lots of capabilities that I'm still discovering. If you're thinking of an e-reader, compare (like I did) and choose the one that's right for your needs. For me, it's Nook. All the way.

Post a Comment