Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

How About a Recipe?

Since this is Christmas in July, I'm trying to blog every day of the month until I leave for RWA's National Conference on the 27th. But...I gotta tell ya. I'm just not that interesting.

So, today, I thought about skipping a post. Until my daughter, recovering from having all four wisdom teeth extracted and zonked on painkillers, asked me to bake. Okay...despite the rain, it's still 90 degrees so I'm not about to turn the oven on. But I do happen to have an Oreo cookie crust in the pantry and with a little imagination and basic staples in my fridge, came up with the following Raspberry Truffle Pie. Enjoy!

Ingredients

1 Oreo cookie pie crust
1/4 c seedless raspberry All-Fruit, heated until liquid
1-1/2 c chocolate chips
1 c heavy whipping cream
3 Tbsp butter

Pour melted raspberry All-Fruit into bottom of cookie crust. Combine remaining ingredients in bowl or saucepan. Heat until melted. Stir until smooth. Pour over raspberry layer. Chill about 4 hours in refrigerator.

Serve with whipped cream.

NOTE: I'd imagine any flavor All-Fruit would do, but since in this household we're allergic to strawberries and have a love affair with all things "razz," there was only one option for us.

1 comments: