Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Twit of the Day

Yesterday, a fellow author brought to my attention that an agent with a very well-known agency has begun mass-rejecting queries on Twitter. Posts such as, "If you queried me on or before April 1, sorry, I'm rejecting you." have popped up among Ms. Agent's Tweets.

As my kids would say: "Really?"

Now, if I query you, I have to not only follow you on Twitter, but I'll be forced to wade through your tweets about what you ate for breakfast and what color you've decided to polish your nails this week to see if I made the cut or not? You're sooooo busy, your assistant can't take the time to drop the standard rejection letter in the mail box (or send the standard rejection email)?

Guess what, honey. If you're that busy with Twitter, you don't have time for new clients. I'll just happily take my business elsewhere.



0 comments: