Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

In the News...

So this morning, it snowed. Again. Since I have plans with G-Girl Gail tonight, I was less than elated to see the white stuff falling--especially when you consider we've had to cancel our G-Girl meetings three previous times thanks to snow. Today, I decided to flip on the news before work, get the deets before I bailed on my night's plans. Two news items (aside from the snow, which is already melted and a memory) caught my attention.

First, the good news. According to a new study, people who drink 4-5 cups of coffee a day are at lower risk for heart attacks! Yay! That gives me the healthiest heart in the household.

Now for the news that had me staring at my television screen in confusion. A new study states that "Women who live with their husbands before marrying them are more likely to divorce than those who wait until marriage to begin cohabiting." Let me repeat that. "Women who live with their husbands before marrying them are more likely to divorce..."

Umm...did I miss something? Since when are women the sole decision makers in whether or not to live together? And when did women earn the primary responsibility for divorce?

Note to those writing the news: COUPLES live together before marriage. COUPLES divorce. Not women.

Stepping off my soapbox now to fill my coffee cup.



Post a Comment