Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Judy Tagged Me!

My Suite Judy Bloo Eyes, aka Judith Leger, just had to assign me more writing. As if, dear crit partner that she is, she didn't realize I've set myself an impossible task with my WIP. But, since I love her so much, I'll play along. Okay, Jude, what are the rules?


I'm supposed to tell you six things about myself and tag six friends. What? Like I haven't already divulged all my deep, dark secrets here? All right, all right. Let me think...



1. I'm addicted to television. No, seriously. One of the first things I do when I come home, wake up, etc. is turn on the TV. I can't sleep without that familiar glow in the background (dh usually clicks it off sometime in the middle of the night). I don't sit on the couch, my gaze glued to the screen. But I absolutely have to have it on at all times.



2. I have very strong political views. Umm...yeah. I'll keep them to myself and not bore you with my opinions on what's wrong with the world, but I do keep up with what's going on in the political arena. Which probably explains why my son gets into heavy political debates as often as most other eleven-year-old boys talk about toilet humor.



3. I'm not impressed by money or labels. I live in a small three-bedroom ranch house, nothing elaborate or grand. I drive a Honda Accord (in fact, when car-shopping, dh and I debated the Accord vs. Acura's TL. I won because the Honda had three inches more leg room in the back seat. I know what's important to me!)

I've never paid more than 20 bucks for a purse. (Why? I'm only going to use it for a few months to carry no more than 30 bucks worth of crap in. If I could carry a paper bag and get away with it I probably would.)

I don't care how much you spent on your drapes, what designer's tag is inside your blouse, or why you need to drive that behemoth SUV for you, your spouse, and your two kids. Want to impress me? Do something for someone besides yourself. Not for glory or repayment, but simply to be generous to a person who might not be as fortunate as you. Then you'll have my attention.




4. My creativity does not extend beyond writing and cooking. I can't draw anything more elaborate than Snoopy lying on his doghouse, and can't even pick out flowers for my garden without an army of more artistically-inclined people to provide insight as to why red mums don't go with purple heather. Need to bake a cake without eggs? I'm your go-to gal! Need help with a school project that requires paint, markers and glitter? "Move along, folks. Nothing to see here..."



5. I'm not ready for my little girl to grow up! Okay, so no one is. Probably. But we're currently shopping for colleges and I dread the idea of letting her go off on her own next year. Not because I worry about her--she's savvy, self-assured, and sophisticated. She's probably more mature than most full-fledged adults. No, I'm selfish and I admit it. I'll be lonely without her. Is it wrong for me to hope she picks a place close to home so we have a few more years together?



6. I love funky jewelry. Earrings and matching necklaces with big chunky stones, handcuffs, big swooping hearts, and feathers--oh, how I love feathers! (A leftover from my rocker teen years in the 80's). No bracelets 'cuz they get in the way when I'm writing and I only wear my wedding ring on my fingers. But nothing's too crazy for my neck or lobes.



Whew! Okay. That does it. Except for the tough part. Six friends. Let's see...



1. Debora Dennis. Naturally. She's one of my soul sisters and a super talented writer who always keeps me laughing. Isn't it obvious why she's my travel companion for most conferences and chapter meetings? Like some spice with your laughter? Check out her works for Blade Publishing: The Kandy Shoppe and coming soon, A Knight to Remember. You'll be charmed from Page One.



2. Candace Gold. My other soul sister. Talented, fun, and guaranteed to skew your view of the romance world. Candy's a one-woman dynamo and I'm lucky to have her in my life. Don't believe me? Take a gander at her books, A Heated Romance or Autumn Leaves. You won't be disappointed!



3. Sandra Cormier aka Chumplet. You shouldn't have mentioned no one had tagged you yet, sweetie. Sandra writes vivid romances and her blog is a must-read for me every day. Check out her latest releases, Bad Ice or The Space Between. You'll fall in love with this talented lady's prose!



4. Shelby Reed. Wake up, Shelby-Lou! Your readership is calling! Use the RWU blog to respond but let's hear from you. If you're not familiar with this uber-talented writer, run--don't walk!--to your nearest bookstore and pick up a Shelby Reed book. Whether it's The Fifth Favor, Midnight Rose, Seraphim or any of her other magnificent works, this lady will make you weep, make you sigh with pleasure, and leave your head in the clouds long after you've reached The End.



5. Ali Katz. Another talented author and critique partner, Ali writes hot and sexy with a paranormal edge. Her recent work, Glory is receiving rave reviews. Check it out!

6. Wildcard! I have so many other writers I'd like to add to this list, but don't know if they've been tagged by others. So, if you'd like to reveal six facts about you, consider this your wild card and go for it!

2 comments: