Monday, July 7, 2008

Dive Right In...The Water's Fine

Okay, I know I said I'd take a break. But apparently, Gertrude the Muse from Hell has other plans for me. So I've already written the first five pages of my new WIP (work in progress). Vacation? What's that?

I'm a firm believer in "striking while the iron is hot" or in my case, writing while Gertrude cooperates. We're not always in such synch, so when she and I both want to write the same thing, I hit the keyboard with energy and excitement. So we started the process yesterday without a break.

And guess what? I like what we started! I'm extremely happy with the opening and plan to complete Chapter One (in first draft) today.

Working Title of this latest masterpiece: Ends...With Benefits.

And as all those news anchors say, "Stay tuned for more information as this story develops. "