Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

LIRW Agent/Editor Luncheon Redux

It was a fabulous day this past Friday when the LIRW welcomed industry professionals for our 11th annual Agent/Editor Luncheon at the charming Carriage House of the Milleridge Inn. While each year I attend this event holds a special place in my memory, this one will always hold a special place in my heart. Because this year, I received the honor, Light of the Island, from my fellow chaptermates. I'm so grateful I found my local chapter and have never once regretted any of the work I've volunteered to handle on their behalf. In return, I've made wonderful friends, found insight and wisdom for my manuscripts, and am never at a loss for a partner for a razzarita or Starbucks run! I am humbled by their affection, and I sincerely thank them for honoring me in such a wonderful way.

But the day wasn't all about me. The day was for all of us: writers, editors, and agents alike. We connected, we laughed, we dined on the Milleridge's rich and decadent chocolate mousse with raspberry sauce. And each of us went home with a feeling of accomplishment. Kudos to all who make this annual event a success!


Special kudos to Debora Dennis, our luncheon chairperson, who did an absolutely phenomenal job this year! Yes, dearest, I owe you a drink. Name the time and place and I'll be there. Here are a few photos from the event. Not as many as I always intend to take because the moments seem to get away from me:




Raelene Gorlinsky (red dress/black hat) of Ellora's Cave chatting with Bertrice Small (floral print) and another guest.



The cocktail hour with many of the LIRW ladies.




This year's chairperson, Debora Dennis, finally unwinding with a champagne punch! (In the background left wearing the red skirt is Faith Black of Avalon Books.)



LIRW Ladies chatting with members from VFRW, NJRW, and BCRW.
Post a Comment