Friday, June 27, 2008


It's official. A Little Slice of Heaven is now available on e-book from The Wild Rose Press. Here's the blurb:

When Gianna Randazzo discovers a downtrodden man near the family pizzeria's Dumpster, she wonders if he might be cleaned up and passed off as a date for her ex's upcoming wedding. But Kyle Hayden is not the homeless man Gianna thinks he is. In fact, he just might be her Prince Charming in disguise!

And here's an excerpt:

Gianna Randazzo leaned against the locked door, her heart swimming in cold sweat.

“Whatsa matter for you?" Claudio demanded. “That mean black dog outside again?"

While his raisin eyes glared with I-told-you-so smugness, Gianna gulped huge buckets of air to regain some semblance of calm. “I-It's not a dog. Or the injured cat I’ve been trying to catch.

“The bum you leave food for, eh?" Inching closer, he bounced a finger at her nose. "You should listen when I talk-a to you. I told you he no go away if you feed him."

“I always leave his food on the bench by the bridge after closing,” she snapped. “I didn’t expect him to be in the parking lot tonight.”

“I don’t know why you’re surprised,” Claudio retorted. “All the strays eventually find their way to the door. This one...he no different. What’d you make him tonight? Maybe the smell so good, he couldn’t wait.”

“That dish was for Mr. Whiskers. You think I’d bring the poor man anchovy filets?” Gianna turned to peer out the window. Was the man still there? Yep. He stood beneath the grainy light of the street lamp, an oddly shaped item in his hands. "What's he holding?"

Claudio leaned over her shoulder. "You think he got a weapon? Here, wait." He ambled to the ovens and wielded one of the long-handled pizza paddles like a samurai sword. "You call the cops. I make sure he no leave 'til they show up."

"Stop it." She strained her eyes, watching as the man edged closer to her door. "I think…” Could it be? “I think…” Yes, she definitely saw leaves and stems. Maybe even yellow blossoms. “He's holding flowers."

Want to read more? Well...there's another excerpt available on my website. After that, you'll have to buy a copy of the book for more.