Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday 13: Things That Go Through My Head to Keep Me Awake in the Middle of the Night

Clearly, I can't be the only one out there whose brain refuses to turn off at night. And when I get up in the morning, dh takes one look at the craters under my eyes and says, "What happened last night? Is there something bothering you that keeps you up?" Bothering me? It's just that when the lights go out some demon inside my brain decides it's play time. Here are 13 thoughts that run through my head in the middle of the night:

1. What devastating secret does my hero know about my heroine's father in my latest WIP?
2. Which book do I plan to pitch at the LIRW luncheon?
3. Why can't I get that stupid song out of my head?
4. Is tomorrow Wednesday or Thursday?
5. What kind of movies can I cite for the 5th graders I'll be speaking to this week?
6. It's warm in here.
7. When did it get so cold in here?
8. Don't forget to add dog food to the shopping list.
9. Did I lock the doors?
10. What should I buy as a gift for the surprise 60th birthday party I'm attending this weekend?
11. If I fall asleep right now, I 'll only get four hours of real sleep (or three hours or two hours). Is it worth it? Or should I just get up and do some writing?
12. I have to pee, but if I get up, I'll never get to sleep.
13. What am I going to write about for this week's Thursday Thirteen?

What's on your mind in the middle of the night?