Someone sent me this game and since there are 13 categories, I thought..."Great! A perfect Thursday 13 in the making!" Here are the rules for anyone else who wants to play along:
If your life were a movie, what would the soundtrack be?
Open your music library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod). Put it on shuffle. Press play. For every section, type the song that's playing. Next section : press the next button. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool. Play it as it comes up.
Okay, so here goes...
1. Opening Credits: Chuck E's in Love by Rickie Lee Jones (I can see this. A view of NYC's skyline and then that smoky voice singing, "How come he don't come and PLP with me down at the meter no more?")
2. Waking Up: You're a God by Vertical Horizon (Who told?)
3. Falling in Love: Storybook from The Scarlet Pimpernel Broadway recording (An excellent choice! "Come, let's believe love can be just as sweet as it seems. Let's live on dreams...")
4. Breaking Up: Baby Grand by Billy Joel and Ray Charles ("Late at night when it's dark and cold, I reach out for someone to hold..." Ooh, this is getting eerie, doncha think?)
5. Life's Okay: Honestly OK by Dido ("I just want to feel safe in my own skin; I just want to be happy again..." I swear, I didn't scroll for this. There must be a ghost in my MP3 player!)
6. Mental Breakdown: Got to Give It Up by Marvin Gaye (Yeah, I'm pretty sure if I started to go nuts, the drums and rhythmic humming would be on a continuous loop in my head.)
7. Flashback: Linger by The Cranberries (I like it. Sounds like perfect music for a slideshow or a camcorder commercial.)
8. Getting Back Together: Baby It's Fact by Hellogoodbye ("Baby, it's fact, our love is true; the way black is black and blue is just blue; my love for you is a matter of fact. Oh, and you love me too, it's as simple as that." Yeah, I'd say that works.)
9. Wedding: It Had to Be You by Rod Stewart (The only way it could work better is if it were Tony Bennett singing instead of Rod.)
10. Birth of Child: For You I Will by Teddy Geiger ("Oh, I'm gonna muster every ounce of confidence I have; Cannonball into the water. I'm gonna muster every ounce of confidence I have. For you, I will..." Yeah, that about sums up how I feel about my kids. Besides, have you seen this guy? He's A-DOR-A-BLE!)
11. Final Battle: Would I Lie to You? by the Eurythmics (Well...would I?)
12. Death Scene: Lithium Sunset by Sting (Great lyrics, a little upbeat. Good song to die to. I'll give it an 8, Dick Clark.)
13. Ending Credits: Get It Together by Seal ("We got to keep this world together, got to keep it moving straight. Love like we need forever so that people can relate..." A perfect theme song for my life!)
Damn, this was fun! Why not give it a try?