Kat Oxley threw down the new gauntlet. So here goes. First the game:
Did you ever play the game Telephone when you were a kid? It's sometimes called Rumor or Gossip. You sit in a circle, the bigger the better. The ring leader will tell a "secret" to one person. That person turns to the person on their left and whispers it. Each person hears the "secret" on one side and tells it on the other until it goes all the way around the circle. The last person says out loud what they were told, then the ring leader says what everyone started with. Most of the time it isn't the same thing, and can be quite funny.
Using the power of the Internet, let's give it a try. I'm going to write a paragraph. Your job is to make a change. It can be as little as one word or as big as twenty words. You can change names, plot and setting, but don't change it so much that we can't tell how it relates to what (Alice) started with. Post your paragraph on your blog with a link to Alice's post. She will link back to you. Then, pick three people to whom you will "whisper" your modified version. Let them know they are up next. Link to them and to the person who passed it to you (me).
Okay, so now the rules:
1. Change something in the paragraph you received: a minimum of 1 word--a maximum of 20 words.
2. Link to the post at http://aliceaudrey.wordpress.com/2008/03/03/alice-calling/ and leave a comment so we can keep track of what happens to the paragraph. Alice will link back to you.
3. Link to the person who tagged you, preferably to whereever they posted their version of the paragraph.
4. Tag three people you think might enjoy this game. Let them know they've been tagged. Link to them.
5. Include these rules in your post.
And the paragraph:
"Jocelyn and Will went up Knob Hill to catch a cable car. Jocelyn stumbled on the rail and damaged her Holy Grail and asked Will to kiss the owie. Will was happy to oblige Jocelyn's innocent desire without further bruising, but his kisses weren't enough. If he hadn't already lost his heart to Jocelyn, he would have that night."
Now my victims: Debora, Jennifer, and Chumplet will do.
Go for it, ladies!