Pages

Monday, November 26, 2007

The Addiction Known as Dexter


Umm...yeah. I'm a huge fan of Dexter, both the books and the Showtime series. After last week's episode, I couldn't sleep for two days, wondering what would happen next. Last night, Tori and I took up our usual spots on the couch at nine p.m. to indulge our addiction known as Dexter. For fifty minutes we sat enthralled, sometimes gasping, sometimes squirming, sometimes afraid to do more than breathe for fear we'd miss some subtle nuance. And then...it was over. 'Til next week. But we got a sneak peek at the coming episode, which left us breathless, along with the voiceover reminder that there are only three episodes left 'til the end of the season.


Three?! Three?! Oh, my God! Tori turned to me and said, "Mom, how are they going to tie up all the loose ends in three episodes?"

"They're not," I replied, much wiser in the way of television producers. "They're going to leave us hanging 'til next season on a few things."

Ah, the unfairness of it all. Is it too soon to wait for next September when the madness begins all over again?
Post a Comment