Pages

Friday, September 28, 2007

Make It Stop!

The use of old rock songs in commercials goes back a ways. I still remember the uproar when Nike first used The Beatles' Revolution in a sneaker commercial. It was bad enough watching Paul McCartney strolling down the street singing for I-Pod. But at least, he was responsible for that crime against humanity. Now, it's completely out of hand. In the last few days, I've been treated to a commercial for a birth control pill that uses Twisted Sister's classic, We're Not Gonna Take It; a commercial for a Nintendo game that uses Sublime's Santeria, and another Twisted Sister classic, I Wanna Rock, pimping Avis car rentals.

The music and bands of my teenage years, years filled with anti-establishment attitude, is now mainstream.

If you'll excuse me, I think I need to lie down before my head explodes...

1 comments: