Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Another Fine Mess I've Gotten Myself Into

Well, I've really done it now. Sent in my application for the 2008 RITA Awards. As soon as editor-to-the-stars, Erin Cartwright Niumata of Avalon Books, ships them to me, five copies of The Bonds of Matri-money will be winging their way to Texas for consideration in the categories of Best Contemporary Romance and Best First Book. Part of me is terrified, but another part of me remembers all the excitement at previous RWA Nationals regarding the Golden Heart and RITA Awards. That's the part I'm clinging to, the part that says these authors once did what I just did: filled out a form and promised to send their work to anonymous judges for consideration in RWA's answer to the Oscars and Emmys.

It's going to be a looooooong wait until next July when the winners are announced!


1 comments: