Pages

Monday, August 13, 2007

An Epiphany

One of the things I love about being a writer is that someone's always willing to suggest ideas for new stories. Most of the time, they don't pan out. But every once in a while, there's gold in them thar hills. Such was the case with Nick at Via Pizza who bemoaned the fact that no one ever writes a romance about a pizzeria. I promised I would. The result was A Little Slice of Heaven (which I hope to have good news about very soon!)



Enter the football moms: a group of ladies who cheer their sons from the sidelines. We sit together, watching our baby boys get crushed, wincing at each blow, applauding every successful play. We're there in the rain, in the cold, first thing in the morning, and late on Friday nights. Well, these ladies have been teasing me this season that it's time for me to write a story about peewee football and what goes on behind the scenes.



"But where's the romance?" says I.



Last night, I found the romance. Or at least, I found the perfect characters and storyline to write a fictional romance. Now I can't wait 'til Wednesday night's practice to run it past the moms. They'll be so proud!
Post a Comment