Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: 13 Reasons I Became A Romance Author (with tongue firmly in cheek)



13 Reasons I Became A Romance Author
(with tongue firmly in cheek)

1. For the fame and fortune.

2. I have room on my mantel for a few Pulitzers and a RITA or two.

3. To quiet the voices in my head.

4. So, at tax time, I can write off all the books I buy.

5. I get high on the smell of ink inside newly printed books.

6. I thrive on rejection.

7. I'm too old for American Idol.

8. To gain revenge by crafting fictional justice for real life foes.

9. I do my best work with a deadline hanging over my head.

10. To increase my number of friends on MySpace.

11. Because I'd much rather be inside working on edits than spending time in the beautiful outdoors.

12. To gain respect in the literary world.

13. Because it's so easy!




Post a Comment