Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Latest Obsession

I've never been a big fan of reality TV, despite writing The Bonds of Matri-money, which is based on a Survivor-style game show. I made an exception for the tryouts of American Idol, and my guilty pleasure, Parental Control on MTV. Enter Shear Genius on Bravo. Don't ask me why, but the trials and tribulations of hairdressers as they attempt to design winning do's and land a contract with Nexxus has me enthralled. Over the last few weeks, I've seen hair done through the ages (Elizabethan, Medieval, Punk), bridal designs, and styles fit for the Red Carpet in Hollywood. And the personalities of the contestants make the show as much fun as waiting for the finished products week after week.

We're down to four contestants now (having lost my personal fave: Tyson, last week, along with my least favorite: Tabatha.) But you can bet I've pegged a new favorite to win it all, and I'll be glued to my television set to see the action unfold until the last hairstyle (and the winner) is revealed!