Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Let the Countdown Begin...

Yesterday, the RWA site opened for editor/agent appointments for National in Dallas. I'd love to say I was first in line, but I wasn't. I was close and did manage to get an appointment with my first choice agent. So, life is good. Then I signed up to volunteer in a few areas, as well. How could I not? RWA has given me so much in my journey, it would be sinful if I didn't attempt to give something back. I see it as paying my good fortune forward. If one writer benefits the way I did, then my few hours of time were well spent. Yes?

I've already had a few discussions with my roomie, Debora, regarding plans and strategies for getting the most out of this trip. I know as time draws nearer, we'll plan ourselves into overdrive. But that's half the fun.

The other half, is of course, shopping. I've already picked up two new outfits and a possible dress for the Awards Dinner, but I'm still scouting the stores for the "ideal" garment. Once the clothing is assembled, shoes are the next big target.

Don't you love this time of year?

2 comments: