Pages

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

In Memoriam

This morning I learned of the loss of someone very special, which I wish to share with you, for reasons that are purely my own.

On December 21, 2006, the writing world lost a barely discovered talent: a lady of incomparable faith and spirit with an extraordinary capacity for love. Geri E. Davis, author of Pray With Purpose, was a dear friend and critique partner. When my brother-in-law was facing his bone marrow transplant, Geri was right there with words of hope, compassion, and wishes for his full recovery. Having experienced the transplant herself, Geri held herself up as an example of the patient who'd come thru the medical hell, and was still around to fight the good fight. I will miss her enthusiasm, her patience, and her presence in my life.

Hug those you love; remember to tell them how much they mean to you.

0 comments: