Pages

Friday, October 13, 2006

Progress On All Fronts



October swept into my life wrapped in a To-Do list ten miles long. So I've been working toward crossing items off that To-Do list, one at a time. This morning, I looked up and lo and behold! The list has been cut in half. There are still far too many tasks to complete--all with looming deadlines, naturally. But I'll get there (probably just in time for the holidays.)









The biggest task on the horizon at the moment is that library talk scheduled for this coming Monday: October 16 at 7 pm at the Farmingdale Public Library. Don't forget, if you're near Farmingdale that night, you're welcome to meet me, Pam Burford and Michele Lang as we discuss the ins and outs of How to Get Your Work Published. I'm sure several other LIRW members will be in attendance--in fact, I'm counting on it! So stop by, say hello. Maybe we can help make your secret dream a reality, too.

Tonight is football practice where, if Gertrude, my Muse, is willing to cooperate, I'll spend some time digging back into Hayley and Dante's story--still titled, Straight From the Heart, which still doesn't fit because somewhere I went off the track with the original story idea. Though, technically, it was Hayley and Dante who deviated from form, at Gertrude's prodding I'm sure. In any event, I've set myself a goal of Halloween to have the first draft of this manuscript completed and with half the To-Do list erased, I just might have a shot of making it.

For those keeping track, the Wildcats tied Riverhead last week: 6-6.


We'll take it. That brings our record to W 2 L 2 T 1. This week's game is against Sachem at home.

Go Wildcats!

0 comments: