Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Happy Anniversary, Filippo!


20 years. I'm kinda stunned by the idea. I've been married to Phil for 20 years now. According to tradition, 20 years is the China Anniversary or, modernized, the Platinum Anniversary. For me, it's another day to remind my husband how much I love him, how much we've accomplished together, what we still have to look forward to.

20 years. Odd, it feels like just a few years have gone by, and yet at the same time, I feel like we've been together a lifetime. (Maybe because we have.)

20 years. How do we do it? Beats me. Maybe it's simply that we love each other and we try to never let anything else get in the way of that love. Or maybe it's more like how Phil put it to me first thing this morning: "We're demented and pathetic." Or maybe it's a little of both.

Whatever caused it, thanks to my dear hubby who makes each day perfect just by being beside me. He makes me laugh, makes me crazy, and loves me...regardless. He's the best thing that ever happened to me and I sure am glad he's mine!

0 comments: