Monday, July 24, 2006

I'm Stormin' Atlanta!

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

Well, no walrus, but RWA's National Conference is this week! I'm flying to Atlanta Wednesday morning for five fun-filled days of workshops, meetings, greetings, booksignings, and general merriment. This year I'm stunned by my overly filled dance card. The President's Retreat is all day Wednesday with a training seminar on Wednesday night after the Literacy Booksigning. I've volunteered to serve at the Book Fair on Thursday and moderate a friend's workshop Friday night. In between those two events I'll do some sightseeing, spend time with friends, attend workshops of interest, meet with an agent, and even attend the Avalon Authors' private party! Then, Saturday is a dinner party hosted by a very dear writer friend from the area. (Hi, Chris! See you soon!)

Yes, it promises to be an event-packed trip. I plan to bring the old laptop so I'm hoping to check in with details (and maybe photos) during a rare moment of downtime.

In the meantime, if you're in the Long Island area, circle the date: August 2. That's the date of my very first library talk. Details later, so stay tuned...

And don't forget the contest over at Romance Junkies. My excerpt hasn't shown up yet, so it's not too late to check in and figure out which mystery submission is mine!

If you'll be in Atlanta, look for me. I'll be EVERYWHERE! If not, I'll see ya when I get home again!

'Til then, friends. Happy Reading!