Pages

Wednesday, May 3, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TORIKAT!


"I've got sunshine
On a cloudy day.
When it's cold outside,
I've got the month of May.
I guess you'll say,
What can make me feel this way?
My girl..."

My baby girl is FIFTEEN today! Happy birthday, Torikat!

SCHMALTZ ALERT: I'm going to get sappy now. She arrived at 8:30 pm on May 3, 1991--8 lbs, 8 oz and 21-1/2 inches. While we waited for her arrival, Philip and I had tossed around two possible names for a girl. Brianna Lauren, or Victoria Katherine (aka Tori). We had decided that if she was born with dark hair, we'd go with Brianna, blond hair would be Tori. Right from the start, my girl was a rebel. She slid out of me sporting jet black hair with blond highlights. Philip and I took one look at her and said, "Oh, yeah. This is a Tori."


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As you can see, she's still that rebel (only now her hair is brown with red highlights--until she dyes it purple or pink or whatever color strikes her fancy next...)

But she's also the best daughter a mom could ask for.

Every day she gives me a reason to smile, to laugh, or to just plain be proud she's mine!

I LOVE YOU, T-KAT! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment