Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Happy Peanut Butter Day, Amanda!

While picking my son up from Spanish class this afternoon, I spotted a sign on a teacher's bulletin board: January 24 is National Peanut Butter Day.

This immediately makes me think of my daughter's friend, Amanda, who has her very own special jar of the stuff in my pantry. Some girls like chocolate, some prefer ice cream. Amanda's weakness is peanut butter. No matter when she pops in to my house (and mind you, she's so much a part of the family, she doesn't even knock anymore), she heads straight to the cutlery drawer for a spoon followed by a quick dive into her special "Jif Jar."

If you check the photos section of my website, you'll see Amanda--one of my "girls." She's the dark-haired one, on the right.

Happy Peanut Butter Day, sweetie!
Post a Comment