Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: 13 Maxine-isms



13 Maxine-isms
You all know Maxine, right? That cranky old lady pictured above who graces greeting cards, calendars, and coffee mugs. Here are some of my favorite sayings from the Old Girl.


1. "I can't use the cell phone in the car. I have to keep my hands free for making gestures."


2. "The key to a nice-looking lawn is a good mower. I recommend one who is muscular and shirtless."


3. "All I'm looking for is a guy who'll do what I want, when I want, for as long as I want, and then go away. Or wait nearby, like a Dust Buster, charged up and ready when needed."


4. "I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."


5. "I find it helps to organize chores into categories: Things I Won't Do Now, Things I Won't Do Later, Things I'll Never Do..."


6. "My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice."


7. "Ever notice how people who tell you to calm down...are the ones who got you mad in the first place?"


8. "I don't make snowmen. If I'd wanted to hang around with a cold man with slush for brains, I'd still be married."


9. "I wouldn't say my love life is bad, but the last guy I turned on was Mr. Coffee."


10. "The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket."


11. "If you woke up breathing, congratulations. You have another chance."


12. "Take every birthday with a grain of salt. This works much better if the salt accompanies a margarita."


13. "Money can't buy happiness, but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than a Kia."

15 comments:

Jennifer McK said...

"All I'm looking for is a guy who'll do what I want, when I want, for as long as I want, and then go away. Or wait nearby, like a Dust Buster, charged up and ready when needed."

LOL!!!! These were so GREAT!!!!! I love Maxine.

My best friend has a mug that says "It's not my hearing that going, it's my caring."

Zee said...

Oh, I LOVE THESE! Thanks for making my morning more fun! I needed a laugh! You rock, Miz Vix!!! xoxox

Morgan St. John said...

LMAO
I can't even pick a favorite!
*sigh* funny...

THanks a million for those. Somehow, Thursday rolls around and I need a pick up.

Red Garnier said...

I love these! What a great idea. I just love Maxine and her dry humor!! =)

Christine d'Abo said...

ROFL!!! Number 2 and 13 are my favourites!!

Savannah Chase said...

LMAO..omg I love these..you can never go wrong with Maxine.......

Debbie Mumford said...

Oh ... Oh ... I can't breathe for laughing ... #3 is priceless!

Moondancer said...

When I hit my crone days I wanna be just like Maxie. She's my hero!

http://moondancerdrake.livejournal.com

Lia said...

I love Maxine. One of the ladies I used to work with dressed up as her for Halloween on year. It was so much fun.

Paige Tyler said...

Those are LOL funny!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Jane said...

I love Maxine! Great list!
Thanks for the laugh ;)

Elle Fredrix said...

I love Maxine. And I don't think I've ever read one that didn't make me snicker.

Robin L. Rotham said...

LOL! I've always loved Maxine. Excellent TT, Gina!

Ember Case said...

I love Maxine! I've got to send this to my sisters - we share our favorites >G<

Adelle said...

Fabulous! Gotta luv Maxine.
Happy T13!